Howard Johnson Plaza Anaheim At a Glance
8 min walk to Disneyland
Full Service Resort
Howard Johnson Plaza Anaheim
For family friendly fun, you can't go past Anaheim's Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground. It's within walking distance to Disneyland Park, which is every child's dream, but you don't even have to leave resort grounds for the little ones to have the time of their lives.
Don't just take our word for it, though. Check out its awards! In 2014 the plaza featured in TripAdvisor's list of Travelers' Choice Top 10 Best for Families in USA, and in 2013 it was even awarded Hotel of the Year.
If you still need more convincing. Perhaps the seven acres of private gardens and landscaped walkways for you to explore will do the trick. If not, how about its vicinity to the main gates of Disneyland? It's so close, you can even watch the evening fireworks that go off at the amusement park right from your hotel.
When it comes to facilities, Howard Johnson has it all. Castaway Cove is a themed water park that is free and exclusive to guests, keeping kids (and adults!) entertained for hours. For a more sedate swimming experience, try The Garden Pool. Surrounded by gardens and trees, this is the perfect spot to rest your weary head on a sun lounger after a hectic day at the theme parks. Let the kids play while you get some much-needed rest!
For a bite to eat without straying far, head to Mimi's Cafe. The decor is warm and cosy, and the staff are incredibly friendly. It's like home, only better - you don't have to cook! It's right next door to the hotel and serves classic American dishes that are bound to get your mouth watering. Pastas, burgers, sandwiches, soups and fresh homemade meals are all on the menu here, with a kids' menu featuring smaller portions to keep those little ones satisfied. For those concerned about their diet on holiday, check out the lifestyle menu. It's packed full of delicious meals specifically designed for health conscious diners.Back to Top
The Mimi’s Café dining experience is more than just good food. It’s friendly, helpful people and the warm, comfortable atmosphere of home!
Located right next door to the hotel, Mimi’s serves you heaping helpings of American dishes in a colorful, French New Orleans - inspired atmosphere.
Open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Mimi's also has a kids’ menu with smaller portions of all their favorites!Back to Top
Things To Do
• LA & Hollywood Experience - A great day tour that takes you into Santa Monica, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Olvera Street (Mexican market place), Sunset Strip and The Grove to shop.
• Shopping - The Block at Orange, Mainplace at Anaheim, Downtown Disney, SouthCoast Plaza and check out the Anaheim GardenWalk for great shopping and entertainment for the whole family.
• Fast Pass - Allows you to 'hold your place in line' at one ride at Disneyland Resort, while you actually go on another. Come back to the original ride and skip most of the queue!
• ART - Anaheim Resort Transit System allows you to get around and explore the Anaheim Resort area without having to hire a car - it will get you to Disneyland Resort, Amtrak and the Block at Orange Mall.
• Dining - A thunder and lightning show, monkeys, lions and birds - for a unique dining experience check out the Rainforest Café in Downtown Disney District.
• Angel Stadium - Grab a hot dog and jumbo popcorn and join the locals to watch a baseball game.
• Knotts Berry Farm - Make sure you go to Knotts first, before you hit Disneyland, to fully appreciate what Knotts has to offer. Start small end big!Back to Top
Visit Walt Disney's original Theme Park and celebrate the worlds of yesterday, fantasy and tomorrow with timeless attractions, dazzling entertainment and magical moments that last a lifetime. There's even more magic to be discovered right next door to Disneyland Park. At Disney California Adventure Park, Disney stories come to life in new and exciting ways - from incredible shows to amazing attractions. Plus, you'll find favorite Disney Characters and a larger-than-life nighttime entertainment spectacular. The adventure never ends as your imagination runs free at this one-of-a-kind Disneyland Resort Theme Park!Back to Top
Knotts Berry Farm
Family fun never stops when you visit America's original theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. Experience world famous thrill rides & live shows. Make sure you don't miss Camp Snoopy, home of the PEANUTS gang.Back to Top