SPECIALIST HOLIDAYS PTY LIMITED (ACN 134 691 580) and Specialist Travel Pty Limited (ACN 124 827 096)
While personal information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide a superior travel service, our most important asset is our customer's trust. Keeping customer information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at The Company.
- Personal Information and Sensitive Information
Personal Information is defined in the Privacy Act to mean information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion. It includes "sensitive information".
Sensitive Information is defined in the Privacy Act to mean information or an opinion about an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or criminal record, that is personal information, or, health or genetic information about an individual.
- What Personal Information does The Company Collect?
The Company only collects personal information that is necessary to assist us in providing our services.
All information collected is required and used for our business purposes only.
- How does The Company collect Personal Information?
The Company may collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- directly from you, either in person, by phone or electronically;
- from third parties, for example:
- via travel agents or service providers;
- from people making travel on your behalf;
- other service providers who collect information on our behalf such as operators of frequent flyer programs and corporate travel functions;
- from market research companies contacted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- from third party service providers on our Website that collect your personal information when providing you with a service and disclose it to us.
Unless you object, The Company may use your personal information to:
- organise and process your travel and other transactions;
- organise and process any travel insurance requested;
- book your flight with the relevant airline;
- book your accommodation;
- facilitate your participation in the loyalty programs of The Company and other organisations;
- advise you of future travel discounts and package deal offers;
- compile customer lists;
- conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- contact you;
- fulfil administrative functions associated with your purchase order, for example billing;
- effectively manage your accounts and carry on our business;
- update your records;
- effectively carry on our business;
- assess, process and investigate queries and/or complaints made by you;
- send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you.
We will only use your personal or sensitive information for the purpose for which it was provided or a related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or the use and disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
In using personal information, we may need to disclose your personal information from time to time to various organisations and/or parties for the purposes for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to complete a transaction on your behalf, provide you with a service that you requested or to help us to provide and market our goods and services to you.
For example, we may disclose your personal information to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services, organisations conducting and marketing loyalty programs, other carriers, travel and freight service providers, data processing companies (including operators of global distribution systems and payment clearing houses), delivery service providers, information technology services providers, marketing service providers, market research agents, business partners and affiliate companies of The Company.
- The Company's offices overseas;
- Data processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems);
- Airlines, hotels and other travel and freight service providers; and
- Information technology and business process service providers.
In many cases the transfer will be necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes.
Such disclosure will be only for purposes related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected, and will not be for any purpose that you would not reasonably expect. For all other purposes, your consent is generally required prior to disclosure of personal information, however we may still use or disclose that information if:
- we subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions;
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and we use or disclose the personal information as a necessary part of our investigation of the matter or in reporting our concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety; or
- we are required by law to disclose the information.
Personal information which we collect may be aggregated for analysis but in such circumstances we would ensure that individuals remain anonymous.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request.
We take reasonable steps to protect all personal information we collect or hold about you from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure to the best of our ability. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information that is held by us, and this includes among other things, storing all personal information contained in paper records in a secure office premises, employing industry standard techniques such as firewalls, virus scanning tools and encryption; requiring employees to use logins and passwords for access to all systems, requiring all staff and contractors to maintain the confidentiality of customer information, using secure networks when transmitting electronic data.
The Company uses secure methods to destroy or de-identify any personal information as soon as the law permits, provided the information is no longer needed by us for any purpose. The Company will review security arrangements from time to time as is deemed appropriate.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold about customers is accurate, complete and up to date. You should therefore promptly notify us if there are any changes to the personal information we hold about you.
You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you, which you believe is incorrect or out of date. We will deal with such requests within a reasonable time.
If we disagree as to the accuracy of the information, you may request that we attach a statement to that information noting that you consider it to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Individuals are entitled to request access to any personal information relating to them that has previously been supplied to us. They are entitled to edit or delete such information unless we are required by law to retain it.
We will process requests for access to personal information within a reasonable time, usually 14 days for a straightforward request or 30 days if it is more complicated. More time may be needed, depending on the nature of the request. Appropriate identification of the individual concerned will be confirmed before access is provided.
There is no fee charged for requesting access to your personal information, however we may charge you for the reasonable cost of processing your request.
In certain circumstances, we are permitted by the Privacy Act to deny such requests for access, or to limit the access we provide. If we refuse or limit your access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reason why.
If you wish to comment on or query our Privacy Statement, or if you wish to access or correct, or make an inquiry regarding any personal information relating to you which may be in our possession, contact us.
Attn: Privacy officer
Specialist Holidays Pty limited
ACN 134 691 580
Level 11, 815 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.
+61 2 9080 1698
+61 2 9080 1699
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 03 March 2010.